* Gervinho attempted 33 passes against Newcastle. Ten were unsuccessful and nine of those ten were in and around the Toon box.
* Arsenal's Premier League win percentage with Cesc Fabregas in the starting XI last season was 64% last season. Without him it was 31%.
* The Gunners' last opening-day 0-0 came back in 1975. For the record they went on to finish 17th and Bertie Mee retired as manager.
* Aston Villa's only shot on target at Fulham came in the 20th minute from Emile Heskey.
* Nine of the last 14 meetings between Villa and Fulham have ended in a draw.
* Darren Bent had zero shots and passed the ball just 16 times in 90 minutes.
* Michel Salgado has given away three penalties since the start of the 10/11 season. That's more than any other PL player.
* Rovers have scored first in all seven of their PL meetings with Wolves.
* Rovers striker Mauro Formica scored with his first shot of the Premier League season.
* Bolton had won just one of their last 18 PL away games (v Wolves) before visiting QPR on Saturday.
* Gary Cahill scored with Bolton's first shot on target at QPR. They went on to score four goals from just five on target.
* Kevin Davies has scored just once (v Blackpool) in his last 18 PL games.
* Chelsea failed to win the opening game of the PL season for the first time since 2002 - when they drew 1-1 with Newcastle on Frank Lampard's league debut for Chelsea.
* Fernando Torres attempted four shots v Stoke - the most in any game since joining Chelsea.
* Didier Drogba managed the same number of shots (three) as passes in his substitute appearance v Stoke.
* Fulham forced Shay Given into five saves at Craven Cottage.
* Andrew Johnson's 91% pass completion rate made strike partner Bobby Zamora (59%) look rather wasteful.
* The Cottagers have not beaten a team from the top half of last season's Premier League table at Craven Cottage in the league since November 2009 v Manchester United.
* Charlie Adam made the most fouls across the Premier League this weekend - seven.
* Luis Suarez missed the first penalty at Anfield since Steven Gerrard v Fulham in December 2006.
* Andy Carroll attempted a massive eight stikes on goal v Sunderland - six were off target, one was blocked and one forced a save.
* Man City had more shots on target (15) v Swansea than Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and United combined this weekend.
* That's the most in any PL game since Tottenham's 9-1 thwacking of Wigan in November 2009.
* Yaya Toure attempted a massive ten shots v Swansea without scoring.
* United's shooting accuracy of 14% v West Brom was the worst of any PL side this weekend.
* United scored two goals from just one shot on target v the Baggies.
* Their pass completion rate of 87% was the highest of the weekend. Anderson recorded a 96% success rate.
* Newcastle United
* Neither Newcastle striker - Demba Ba or Shola Ameobi - had a single shot against Arsenal.
* Cheik Tiote has been booked 15 times in 27 Premier League matches with Newcastle.
* Newcastle are unbeaten in their last five PL matches at St James' Park.
* Norwich made an impressive 23 tackles to Wigan's 15 on Saturday at the DW Stadium.
* Midfielder David Fox was shown the first yellow card of the PL season in the first minute v Wigan.
* They enjoyed 52% possession v Wigan despite being the away side.
* QPR have lost their last four opening-day PL fixtures.
* Adel Taarabt took five shots v Bolton - just one was on target.
* Kieron Dyer completed 90 PL minutes (v West Brom in November) just once since the start of the 2008/09 season.
* Stoke City
* Stoke have averaged 30% possession in their seven PL meetings with Chelsea.
* Stoke have lost only one of their last 14 games at the Britannia Stadium in all competitions.
* The average age of Stoke's squad is the highest in the PL at over 29 years old.
* Sunderland equalled Liverpool's pass completion rate of 76% At Anfield. Anton Ferdinand recorded a rare 100% success rate.
* Lee Cattermole has been cautioned or sent off in 50 of his 148 PL appearances.
* Sunderland have not won at Anfield since 1983.
* Michael Vorm made 12 saves against Manchester City - more than any keeper in one single game last season.
* Swansea lost 4-0 despite enjoying 58% of the possession against City.
* They have lost each of their last five opening-day fixtures.
* Ben Foster did not make a single save on his debut for West Brom.
* West Brom central midfielders Paul Scharner and Youssuf Mulumbu both recorded 90%-plus pass completion rates v Man United.
* Shane Long has now scored a goal every 282 PL minutes. His Championship record stands at a goal every 193 minutes.
* The Latics are unbeaten in their last five Premier League games.
* Franco di Santo attempted six shots in just 53 minutes without scoring v Norwich.
* Not one Wigan player was flagged offside v Norwich on Saturday.
* New signing Roger Johnson's pass completion rate v Blackburn was a woeful 45%.
* Steven Fletcher has scored six goals in his last six PL games.
* Wolves made a phenomenal 23 tackles v Blackburn on Saturday.