- Swansea City are undefeated at home in the Premier League this season, having won three and drawn two of their five games at the Liberty Stadium.
- The Swans have also conceded only one goal at home in the league this campaign, with no other team having a better defensive record.
- This match will be the first meeting between the two sides in the Premier League era. The last time they locked horns was back in 1983 when Frank Stapleton and Bryan Robson scored one each to give the Red Devils a 2-1 victory.
- Manchester United have played Swansea 16 times during the course of their history, but have never been able to beat the opposition away from home.
- But Sir Alex Ferguson's players are currently undefeated on their travels this season and have scored 10 goals. Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have scored more.
- United have scored one or more goals in their last 14 league games, but they have scored only one goal in each of their last four matches.