Akhbar TheSun telah menyenaraikan beberapa sebab mengapa Capello melepaskan jawatannya sebagai pengurus England. Antaranya:
1. His failure to master the English language severely damaged his ability to communicate effectively with his players.
2. Ordering his 2010 World Cup squad to a training camp in Austria and playing two friendlies before jetting to South Africa was a huge mistake after a long, hard season.
3. Agreeing to base England in a remote boot camp in Rustenburg ensured boredom and friction among his fed-up players which flared into open feuds after John Terry's infamous Press conference.
4. Reinstating Terry as England captain was a massive error of judgement on its own. But not telling Rio Ferdinand he was being dumped as skipper just compounded this massive cock-up.
5. Breaking ranks with his FA bosses to criticise the decision to strip Terry of the captaincy. Did he think they would not find out about his TV interview in Italy?
6. Picking injury-prone Ledley King for the World Cup and expecting him to cope with the rigours of tournament football.
7. Not taking England's finest defensive midfielder Scott Parker to South Africa was another bizarre choice.
8. Thinking calamity keepers Rob Green and David James were better than the brilliant Joe Hart in goal cost England dear at the 2010 finals. England never recovered from Green's howler against the USA in the opener and the rest is history.
9. Losing 4-1 to Germany and facing an early exit from the World Cup, Capello played his joker — sending on Emile Heskey.
10. Playing Wayne Rooney in Montenegro when the striker's father had just been arrested over an alleged betting scam. Rooney was sent off and England will now be without their star striker for the first two games of Euro 2012.
11. Stupidly agreeing to do his infamous Capello index marking system for players in return for a fat fee.
12. Stubbornly refusing to fall on his sword after the 2010 debacle.