Khamis, 7 November 2013

Nak amik kena ban


Riether hit with immediate three-match ban after accepting FA violent conduct charge




Fulham right back Sascha Riether has been banned for three matches following his violent conduct charge for stamping on Manchester United's Adnan Januzaj on Saturday.

The German, who also apologised to Januzaj, his team-mates and Fulham fans, escaped sanction from referee Lee Probert in Fulham’s 3-1 defeat but became the first player charged by the FA under a new pilot scheme where three former referees review video evidence not seen by match officials.

The ban takes place with immediate effect and comes after Riether had earlier accepted his charge after taking to Twitter on Tuesday to accept responsibility


Learning to cope: Moyes says the teenager is 'learning to cope' with the rough and tumble
Violent conduct: Sascha Riether (centre) stamps on Januzaj and the Fulham man was retrospectively punished


Charged: Sascha Riether has been charged by the FA for violent conduct - he is the first to be done so under a new pilot scheme that charges retrospectively
Sorry: Riether apologised on Twitter for stamping on Januzaj and accepted the FA charge




He wrote: ‘I want to say I am sorry to Adnan Januzai. It was very unlike me and I can only say that frustration got the better of me.

‘I also want to apologise to my teammates, fans and everyone at the Club, for the ban incurred following Saturday's match.

‘I will accept the consequences of my actions, and hope to put it behind me when I return. I want the fans to know that I will be working hard to stay fit and will be ready to continue fighting for the Club as soon as I am able.’

Twitter apology: Riether's tweets saying sorry for his actions
Twitter apology: Riether's tweets saying sorry for his actions


United manager David Moyes was furious after the incident and described it as ‘a bad stamp that did look deliberate’. He went on to demand more protection for Januzaj from referees.

Probert told the FA in his official report that he had not seen the clash, meaning the case was directed to a panel of Alan Wiley, Eddie Wolstenholme and Steve Dunn, who unanimously agreed that Riether deserved a red card. The panel of referees was only introduced this season.

Riether's admission will trigger an immediate three-match ban, keeping him out of Martin Jol's side for the forthcoming fixtures against Liverpool, Swansea and West Ham.



source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2488462/Sascha-Riether-banned-matches-Adnan-Januzaj-stamp.html

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan