Rabu, 28 Ogos 2013

Nah, report omputeh punya

Kedah 0-0 Sarawak: Canaries neutralize Crocs in Darul Aman

Both sides battled out a stalemate at the Darul Aman Stadium, with Kedah gaining their third draw in as many games in the Malaysia Cup.

Kedah secured their third successive draw in this year's Malaysia Cup after battling out a 0-0 stalemate against Sarawak. Both sides had equal amount of opportunities and despite being spurred on by a boisterous home support, Kedah failed to convert their chances into goals and win the match.

 Sarawak FA

The game kicked off in a very predictable manner with Kedah displaying immense amount of confidence by building slowly from the back. Baddrol Bakthiar was visibly the connecting line between attack and defence, while Khyril offered them plenty of creativity and pace upfront.

The first opportunity of the game fell to Kedah on the 10th minute mark, as Baddrol's free kick rattled the cross bar.


Minutes later, he turned provider as he assisted Khyril, who beat his man on the flanks and was through on goal. However, goalkeeper Sani was quick enough to escape his line and pick up the loose ball just in time before the Kedah forward pounced on it.

Sarawak pushed hard, but they were struggling to cope with the fact that Kedah were pressing them very high on the pitch, not giving them much time and space on the ball.

Ultimately, Kedah even found the back of the net late in the first half, with Baddrol's shot flying past Sani. However, it was deemed offside due to the fact that he was blocking the keeper in an offside position. The score remained 0-0 as both sides went in for half time.

After the break, Sarawak came out with fire in the belly and their efforts almost paid dividends in the 57th minute, when Muamer Salibasic's slick pass found Bobby Gonzales, who was through on goal. In a one-on-one position, he managed to beat the keeper by lobbing the ball, although it unfortunately hit the post before going out for a goal kick.

Five minutes later, the similar combo almost worked for Sarawak, but Gonzales scuffed his shot after being played through brilliantly by Muamer.

As the game progressed, both sides became more and more frustrated, although Kedah retained a little bit of confidence from the rapturous home support.

Kedah almost found the back of the net on the 70th minute mark, after a goalmouth scramble emerged in front of Sarawak's goal post. Unfortunately, the Sarawak defence did enough to clear the ball away.

Joseph Kalang Tie then fired a shot from distance, and it was comfortably saved by the Kedah keeper. These missed chances were getting to the Sarawak players' nerves and ultimately the game finished 0-0.

Although they defended well against the Kedah attacks, Robert Alberts' men didn't display enough conviction to win the game, and they will go back to Kuching feeling frustrated about it.

source: http://www.goal.com/en-sg/match/120565/kedah-fa-vs-sarawak-fa/report?ICID=OP

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan