Khamis, 15 Mei 2014

Bersara dah lagenda Korea ni


Park Ji-Sung announces retirement


SUWON, South Korea -- Former Manchester United midfielder and South Korea captain Park Ji-Sung has announced his retirement from football due to a persistent knee injury.

Park, 33, represented South Korea in three World Cups, scoring at each tournament, and led the team to the semifinals as joint-hosts in 2002. In all, he earned more than 100 caps in a professional career stretching back to 2000.

 

The dynamic midfielder followed manager Guus Hiddink from the national team to Eindhoven after the 2002 World Cup, then became the first South Korean to make an impact in the Premier League after signing with Manchester United in 2005.

At Old Trafford, he won four Premier League titles and became the first Asian player to play in a Champions League final, when the Red Devils lost to Barcelona on penalties in 2009.

"I didn't cry about it yesterday, and I'm not crying about it today, that means I'm leaving with no regrets," he told a news conference at the Park Ji-Zung Football Centre in Suwon, where he also has a street named after him.

"I enjoyed playing football. I have achieved more than I have thought I would. I'm truly grateful for all the support I have received and I will live the rest of my life thinking how I can pay it back." Park had been back with PSV on loan from Queens Park Rangers last season.




source: http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1821180/park-ji-sung-announces-retirement-age-33?cc=4716

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan