Jumaat, 3 Januari 2014

Pengurus baru mai dah


Cardiff confirm Solskjaer appointment


Cardiff City have confirmed the appointment of former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their new manager.

The Bluebirds had been strongly linked with a move for Molde boss Solskjaer after the sacking of Malky Mackay following a 3-0 defeat at home to Southampton last month.

The 40-year-old was pictured in the stands with Cardiff owner Vincent Tan during the club’s 2-0 defeat at Arsenal on Wednesday.

And a statement on Cardiff’s official website, which gave no details of the deal Solskjaer has signed at the Cardiff City Stadium, said: “Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has joined the club as first team manager.

“Following discussions with Tan Sri Vincent Tan and club chairman Mehmet Dalman, Ole, joining Cardiff City from Molde FK, today met with his new squad at the Vale training ground.”

Solskjaer said: "I've always dreamt of being a manager in the Premier League, and I'm delighted to get the opportunity. We want to push this club forward. The quality of the staff and players is high here.

"I've had my best times of my career in the Premier League. I can't wait to lead Cardiff City in front of this passionate support, and I'm really looking forward to the challenge ahead. I'm going to bring my energy and enthusiasm to the club.

"We've got some of the toughest trips in world football coming up. They're games we'll relish and look forward to. I'm a very positive manager. I want to play a good style of football, and yesterday [at Arsenal] we showed what a threat we can be."

On Wednesday, Norway’s TV 2 reported that Solskjaer’s confirmation as the new City boss would be confirmed before Saturday’s FA Cup tie at Newcastle.

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman refused to confirm his interest in the former Manchester United striker when asked about the matter on Saturday, but the TV station said Molde had accepted that Solskjaer, who had six months remaining on his contract, would leave.

On Thursday, Dalman said: "There was only one name in my head from the very beginning. We're delighted to welcome Ole. I've seen him play for many, many years. I like his style of football and his ideas on the game."

He praised Solskjaer as "an extremely good communicator" and added: "Common sense, pragmatic discussions and trust were the key in bringing him here."




source: http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1668600/cardiff-city-confirm-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-appointment?cc=4716

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan